Instructions for Use
- Surface water and ground water treatment
- Drinking water treatment
- Pre-treatment prior to reverse osmosis
- Industrial process water & wastewater treatment
- Municipal wastewater treatment
Activated Filter Media AFM® Benefits
- Direct replacement for sand in any type of sand filter.
- Doubles the filtration performance of a sand filter by way of a simple media change.
- AFM® -ng removes particles up-to 1µm as well as dissolved organic components, hydrocarbons and microplastics.
- Effective removal of most protozoa, fungae, Cryptosporidium and bacterial flocs.
- Highly improved SDI when used in pre-treatment.
- Bio-resistant, will not support bacterial growth => no biofilm formation on AFM® surface.
- Up to 50% reduction in backwash water consumption.
- Manufactured to a precise specification under ISO-9001-2015.
- NSF-61 certified for use in drinking water treatment.
- HACCP certified for food & beverage production.
- AFM® market proven performance >15 years without media replacement
Standard mixed bed layering with AFM®ng
Grade 1 and Grade 2
The best for the AFM® filtration performance is achieved when AFM®ng Grade 1 and AFM®ng Grade 2 is combined in a mixed bed layering.
This allows to reach high particle retention capacity at lowest differential pressure (energy saving) and optimized backwash performance due to improved filter bed expansion at lower backwash velocity (energy and water savings).
Drinking water, without chlorination
Mechanical Filtration System
by a succession of filters to treat water;
1/ Removing the suspended particles (sand or coarse particles)
by 100µm prefilter with Automatic drain valve,
No preventative maintenance.
2/ Disinfection by 0.01µm Ultrafiltration membranes
(with large contact surface of 7m2 per membrane).
It will retain and remove suspended particles, emulsified oils, metal hydroxides, colloids, solids, bacteria and viruses up to 0.01 µm, and still preserving minerals.
The entire system is driven by a programmable automaton that manages production cycles and backwashing of membranes. Optimizing the life of the machine.
For an average production of 1000L/h, raw water met the following criteria:
- Suspended Materials (MES) < 5 mg/l
- Turbidity <5 NTU
- Water temperature: 20 to 35 Celsius Degree
- pH between 6.5 and 8.5
- Carbon Organic Total (COT) < 2mg/l
The Ultrafiltration clarifies and disinfects water in a single step, thanks to a large contact surface: 42m2 surface filter contained in 6 ultrafiltration cartridges.
Each module contains hollow fibers with pores of 0.01 µm (10nm) which hold suspended particles and all bacteria and viruses.
It eliminates materials suspension to colloids, organic particles, turbidity, SDI, all microorganisms (algae, cryptosporidium, bacteria, viruses, etc.) and even pyrogens (de-energization).
Minerals useful to human body are Kept.
- Elimination of 99.9999% of bacteria
- Removing 99.99% of viruses
- Guaranteed production and quality
- The modules are approved NSF and ACS